St Michael's Catholic Primary School
The canteen is allergy aware, however, if you wish to discuss your child’s nutritional needs, please contact the canteen co-ordinator through the school.
We follow the Department of Education’s Healthy Food and Drink Policy. We provide a healthy choice menu that fulfills the requirements set out by the ‘Traffic Light’ healthy eating strategy. These are:
G = Green rated foods (healthier every day choices).
A = Amber rated foods (limit intake and choose carefully).
How to order from the canteen
Parents can order food via the MySchool Connect App. To download the app please click here.
Recess items are purchased directly from the canteen and not included with lunch orders. Students require extra money should they wish to purchase food during recess.
- Brown lunch bags can be purchased from any supermarket however you can purchase them from the canteen for 10¢ each.
- Clearly write you child’s name and year on the front of the bag.
- Select from the menu and write the item and price on the front of the bag.
- Place correct money into bag as no change can be given.
- Double check that the total cost matches the money included.
- Fold the top over a few times to ensure money stays in the bag. Do not seal the bag as it is used to put your child’s lunch in.
- Put lunch order into blue basket in your child’s classroom.
- Canteen co-ordinator will collect baskets and prepare lunches.
- Just before the lunch bell rings, the filled baskets are returned to the classes and the teacher distributes the orders to the children.
- Children enjoy their canteen prepared lunch.
Encouraging life-long learning
Religious Education Programmes are based on the Religious Education Guidelines for the Archdiocese of Perth. St Michael's incorporates Sacramental programmes as part of the Religious Education syllabus of all years.